Sunday, March 17, 2013

Time Trials!

Paddling Paddling Paddling, when will it ever end??  Lol!  Today we had time trials for paddling, basically the way it works is everyone is on their own/borrowed OC-1 or in my case on a tank, we paddle a set course and see how fast we each go, this determines if you are in a fast or slow boat on race day. This was my first time trial ever, most of the people on my team have done them several times, so I really had no expectations besides to survive it, stay upright and make it in under 30 minutes. The course is about 2 miles long (I think), we launched right off baby baby beach, paddled to the first red buoy outside of the channel and back, a very simple course.  I am happy to report I survived, stayed up right and made it in 29 minutes 11 seconds (not really worth mentioning, I was the fourth slowest paddler out of the group of people who came out today, holds paddle down in shame), oh well, like I said I had no expectations and it can only get better from here, I think next time I am going to borrow a lighter boat and see if that makes a difference!  

A couple of the boats after the time trials, someday mine will look as pretty as theirs!


Just a note to my fellow motorists on the 5 freeway, I am already a little nervous driving 65-70mph with my boat strapped to the roof of my car, so in the future please do not point and stare at me/my car/my boat unless there is a problem, cause you all FREAK me out when you do that, plus the thought of pulling to the side of the freeway to make sure everything is A-OK does not really turn me on.  Thanks so much, signed the blond girl with a huge boat on her car.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment