Wednesday, August 21, 2013

And the fun keeps coming!

The fun never stops!  I had a three day weekend this past weekend and honestly it felt like I had not been to work in a month come Sunday night due to all of the weekends activities.  It was go go go all weekend long and I am starting to become fearful of the day I do not have anything planned, cause what will I do with myself?  Friday, I took Gracie-girl to the Vet, she was due for some shots, so it was quick and easy, she was not too excited about it but whatever dog, you need to be vaccinated to go to camp so get over it.  After the Vet, Ken and I met up at Baby Beach in Dana Point for some paddling, we took his new boat out and I may or may not of tried to convince him that his new boat should be my new boat, for some reason he was not convinced!  We paddled for a couple hours, had lunch, cleaned up, ran some errands and had dinner at one of my favorite places, King's Fish House, yum yum was it good!
Ken and his new boat!

We are ready to roll!

No Oysters for me!

Lobster Roll = Delish

Saturday was a long practice, about 20 miles of paddling with a nice dolphin show mid practice, after practice I jammed home, so I could shower and make it to wedding #4 of the summer.  The wedding was at 4:30pm in Pasadena, we were kind of nervous about traffic especially with the freeway closures going on, so we left at 1:45pm and got there about 3:45pm, so we stopped and went to the most ghetto Flame Broiler ever!  It was so funny walking in there all dressed up, I'm sure everyone was looking at us.  While we there, they had total trash tv on, it was amazing that someone actually thought that what they were showing was appropriate.  We arrived to the church after a much needed food break and met up with a bunch of Ken's friends, it was nice to meet some of his peeps, especially since he knows a lot of mine.  95% of the ceremony was in Armenian, so I have no idea what was said, what they did and why they did certain things, the reception was very interesting, bright lights, gaudy decor, Armenian techno music all night long (I wanted to shoot myself all night long) and enough unidentifiable food to feed an army (I stuck to salad, beef and veggies, I knew that stuff was safe to eat).  I quickly turned into the designated driver as Ken and his fellow buddies discovered the bottle of Kettle One Vodka on our table, lets just say it was almost empty when we left and Ken was barfing the moment we got home!

We had over an hour between the ceremony and the reception, so we stopped at the Glendale Galleria for a cocktail, martini's, yes please!

Inside the reception hall!  Yep it was quite colorful all night long!

When Ken was still smiling!

Sunday was family picnic day at Baby Beach (cause I don't spend enough time there), it was a blast!  I brought my OC-1 and Ken brought his stand-up board and we took enough pictures to fill at least ten photo albums!
Best shot of the 5 kiddo's!
 
Look at them last year!  I think Cole wore the same shirt this year.

Mike's first ride on the boat.

 
Cousins Derek and Caroline

Ryan, Caroline and Shannon
 
No life jacket for Caroline (she can swim), this created an uproar amongst some of the beach patrons, especially when Cole jumped off the board and Caroline started to go in after him!

Mari's first time standing up on the board!
 


Way to go Cole, such a good paddler.

Paddling all three kiddo's!
 
He is the best!  Ken spent the afternoon shuttling Mari around the harbor.

I'm going to pretend I do not see Mari sitting on parts of the boat that are not meant to be sat on!
 
Super DAD!


Auntie Janis and Ava
 
Cornhole!  Super Dad built it for us, now we need to paint it!
 
Look at that form!
 
Ken and I!
 
All cozy after a long day at the beach.
 
What a great day at the beach, everyone seemed to have a wonderful time, the OC-1, stand up board and cornhole game seemed to be a hit, looking forward to next years picnic.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment