Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hawaii - Part 1

It is so weird that is already Thursday, I keep having to ask people what day of the week it is, seriously such a great feeling and a true vacation!  My flight was uneventful, I was the lucky one who got to bring all of the paddles with me, the check in process at LAX was an experience and I am so glad I do not travel on a regular basis.  When I arrived they did have a seat for me so I just hung out hoping I would not get bumped off the flight.  After getting seven different seat assignments I finally landed in the exit row, hello leg room!  It was awesome, only one person next to me and and all the free space to move around in I was in airplane heaven.  I arrived in Oahu and met up with some of paddling peeps, hung out there for awhile and made my way to Kona a couple hours later.   It was a long day and the time change did not help things, once we settled in we grabbed dinner at Poncho Lefty's and called it a night!

Leg room!!!



That is an interesting way to spell Erin!

After a long long day, this is what tired looks like, midnight our time.

much needed, but it tasted gross.

Yesterday, was a tad bit rough, I had a horrible headache and sore throat all day long, so it made things a bit more challenging.  We went to Honaunau for a little snorkeling adventure, it was pretty neat but I have decided I am not much of a snorkeler and I would rather body surf or paddle in the ocean than snorkel.   After the snorkel trip we toured the City of Refuge and then ventured back to Kona.

Good morning, this is what we woke up too!

Some of our peeps!

A new job opportunity?


Getting ready for the race!





After all of our outings for the day I came back to our place and took a much needed nap and then headed out for dinner.


This morning I was feeling much better, we headed down to the beach for a little paddle practice, had breakfast, bought a few race t-shirts, napped and now we are getting ready to head out for the night.


Oh so good!  I was soooooo hungry!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment