Friday, August 2, 2013

Just Some Workplace Fun!

The last month or so of work has been pretty torturous to say the least for many reasons, 1. It is Summer and with that comes a ton of camps, kids and their parents (the problem ones owe me a bottle of wine each), 2. At the eleventh hour I had to redo all of my instructor contracts per our city attorney's request (shoot me now), 3. Did I mention the problem camp parents? 4. My phone rings non stop and there are five million distractions a day (I am soooo not making this up, it is true 5 million, I swear), 6. I have a part-time job, it is called paddling, 7. I have another part-time job, it is called dating, 8. I have a dog who is currently being raised by her dog walker and doggie day care, thank you! 9.  Our brochure is way behind in the planning stage and registration starts on August 26, ahhh, the day before I leave for Hawaii.  And I could go on but who wants to hear me complain, lol!  However, the upside at work there have been a lot of fun things going the past month that have made everything survivable.  July was Parks and Recreation Month, holla to all of the Parks and Rec professionals out there, we are an amazing group of people who make the lives of others better.   Anywho, the City of RSM's Community Services Dept. (me and 4 of some of the greatest people) planned a month of fun activities for our residents and oh some of those activities included free otter pops, community service projects, free shows at the library, summer concerts, doing activities with your neighbors, enjoying the amenities in our little city and my very favorite the trip to the fire station (hello, super cute, will you marry me, I love you, FIREMEN (sorry Ken)).  Last night, even though it was August 1, and no longer Parks and Rec month we ended the celebration with The Buster Balloon Show, it was kinda cheesy, but cute all at the same time and everyone loved it!  The Sheriff and Mr. Pie came to the show with me and Mr. Pie won a free pizza, yep his treat for lunch today!  If you have not seen Buster Balloon, I recommend you checking him out, it was a great show.


Caroline is the BEST!




These were just a few pictures of some of the activties that have gone on all summer long, I am so glad July is over though and I am looking forward to August, lots of work to do before I am off for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!  I hope everyone has been participating in some form of recreation this summer, I am now off to paddle with the Sheriff, thank goodness for my every other Friday off, or I would be in a straight jacket for sure by now!


No comments:

Post a Comment