Monday, August 26, 2013

Keep Calm!

Another busy weekend for documenting!  After my darn near two day nervous breakdown on Thursday and Friday I made it home in one piece to the disastrous place I call mine.  Laundry, dog hair, dishes, junk, you name it, it was there and I finally decided to wave the white flag and surrender, I watched a little tv and then crawled into my bed.   

Saturday we had our second to last 9man race in Oceanside, my crew rocked the Open Coed Unlimited division and brought home the gold!  I paddled and steered the race which was awesome, however the freezing water was not so awesome.  There is nothing worse than jumping from a nice dry boat into cold water, but hey it is all in the name of fun!  I had never done a water change into an unlimited boat before, so needless to say they were not pretty but I made it into the boat so I call that a win.  

I love this picture, because this is exactly the way my life is right now!

After the race I jumped into my car and drove home so Ken, Mr.Pie and I could make it to the Rancho Mission Viejo Rodeo in San Juan Capistrano.  We scored some good seats in the shade and enjoyed all of the events, my favorite event is the calf tying, it sounds horrible and but it is so thrilling!


Ya, it is pretty wild there!

They have such a nice grass area out there and the sun was just right to play around with our shadow's! I think this is the first photo of the three of us. 

Sunday, we all headed to Baby Beach to hang out with the Ferguson Clan.  We brought out the SUP board and OC-1's but it was way to windy and not good conditions to let the kids go out there so we loaded everything up and went back to my place (where there was no wind and it was soooo much warmer) and let the kids swim.


There are no words for this girl!

The boys took the stand-up board out together, they did really well paddling around the harbor together on it.  Cole was using my canoe paddle and Mr. Pie had the SUP paddle, they were moving pretty fast and able to follow me around on my canoe.  I'm so glad they get along so well and that they are at an age where they can do fun activities like this.  Mr. Pie had so much fun, he was sound asleep by 7pm!

This might be on of my favorite instagram photo's!

Today I have a whole list of items to take care of.  I have packed my suitcase and I was up till 1am doing laundry and cleaning house, I know that is way to late to be running the vacuum (sorry neighbors) but I needed to get this stuff done!  This is my list of stuff to do today before I leave tomorrow morning.......

I need to buy tie downs for my GoPro
Go to the bank
Get a pedicure
Buy new flip flops
Get some snacks 
Buy bubble wrap for all of our paddles
Go to Home Depot and buy some straps, duct tape and rope just in case we need them in Kona
Locate my sunscreen
Take Gracie to camp
Pack some movies
Buy a case for my laptop
Iron some shorts

As I was typing the list above, Ken sent me this picture, talk about timing! 



OMG, I totally forgot to mention my Starbucks caught fire the other night and is closed until further notice, my worst nightmare has come true.  

Well, I am off in the morning, I cannot wait, I cannot believe it is actually happening, our team is off to an amazing adventure together!

Blog updates from Hawaii if I have time, you can always follow me on instagram @ recgirlem.

ALOHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment