Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hour by Hour, the story of my life lately!


**Update this post took about a week to write, so the timeline is a bit off**

I have been living life hour by hour lately, things have been soooooo incredibly busy that my life pretty much goes wherever the wind blows me.  My paddling peeps and I leave for Hawaii in 3 weeks, I cannot believe that it is almost here!  They have been busy planning activities for us to do, however things have been so crazy busy that I have had no time to offer any input, do any research or book anything that I finally had to ask one of my friends to just book me for all of the excursions she is doing and let me know how much I owe her, so as of right now I am not sure exactly what we are doing, thanks Ricki for being my travel agent.

I have given up on cooking anything until the end of September, I am never home and I probably have not opened up my frig in at least 3 weeks, hmmm I wonder what is growing in there?  Speaking of the end of September, my birthday is a little less than two months away, 35 is just two months away, I want to cry!

One of my best paddling friends Sheila and I had been trying to get together for a coffee date for months now, well we finally did it last week but it was a blood work date at the Quest Lab in Dana Point.  Yep, so sad when you need blood work done and so does your friend and the only way to hangout is by sitting in the lobby of the lab and catching up!  We did make it to coffee afterwards, ahhh it was so nice to catch up with her!



I used to be the person who cleans her house and does laundry one day a week no matter what, now I am the person who does laundry when  there is nothing in the closet and cleans her house NEVER!

I have had some type of paddling thing going for the last three days, some days twice a day.  Friday, the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I took my OC-1 and his stand-up board out.  The weather was perfect and the Sheriff got lots of good practice in for his time trial Saturday.  While he was paddling my OC-1, I paddled Mr. Pie around on the stand-up board, dude that was tough with an extra 60 lbs. on the board.  Saturday was the start of 9-man practice, the water and air were freezing, but it was soooooo much fun.  It was so much easier this year and I felt so much stronger.  I only have one small bruise which proves I am a lot more stronger and I was able to pull myself up without relying on the boat to help me (update, after looking in the mirror today, my legs appear black and blue, so much for that being stronger comment, I LIED). Saturday night we had a Kona race meeting, it turned out to be more of a social gathering, it was so nice.  I just sat back and looked at all of my paddling friends and could not be more grateful for them, I am soooo lucky.  Sunday morning the novice team hosted a breakfast for the whole team, it was really nice to start my morning with a cocktail in hand on the beach, life does not get much better than that.

Mr. Pie paddling all by himself, he did such a good job!
We got ourselves a sweet treat after all of that paddling!

This is the life!
Ken's face says it all, he thinks I am NUTS!
Me in the gray sweatshirt, who do I think I am with my hip stuck out to the side like that?

I just love all of these people!

Sunday afternoon, I was supposed to meet up with my friend Elisse, but with several different commitments I could not make it. :(  But in big dating news the Sheriff and Mr. Pie met my family as in the parents, siblings and in-laws, whoa!  Everyone seemed to hit it off and Mr. Pie and Cole became instant friends!  After dinner we gave the kids the ipads and that bought us about an hour of uninterrupted adult time, gosh I LOVE technology!  Shockingly, I did not take very many pictures of the kiddo's, I think I was a little distracted with bringing the boyfriend over to meet the parents for the first time.  Here are the kids zoned out on the ipads, it was pure bliss!


And in work news, things have settled down quite a bit and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it took about 2.5 months, but it is all good and I feel great knowing that I made it through alive! Quick question for all of you, has your brain ever felt so full that you cannot add anymore to it??  My head feels like it is going to explode, I am hoping it is just stress and once things get back to normal my brain will too, I don't like this feeling.  Well, I think that is it for now, I have so much more going on but I am so dang tired I am going to have to save it for another day!  Perhaps one of these days I will do a quick recap of the 4th of July as well, cause it has only been a month since one of my favorite holidays and I want to jot it done for the memory book.

Oh and I just might be a millionaire and not know it, come on big money!




No comments:

Post a Comment