Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What A Weekend!

Morning Everyone!  I sure do love to start off a Tuesday morning on a positive note, so let's just start off with a little weekend recap!  It was busy, it was long, it was exhausting, but it was AWESOME!   Friday night Ken and the kiddo came over for dinner, I actually cooked something, you remember a few posts ago when I had come to the conclusion that I would not have time to cook again until September 21 when paddling season was over, well I lied and I found some time and it was pretty darn good if I say so myself.  After dinner, some dessert and two episodes of Glee on netflix (I had no idea Ken was a fan of the show, clearly we never watch TV together ever, because we are always at the beach) Ken and I got too label hundreds of pre-sale raffle tickets for the 43rd Whitey Harrison Race that DOCC was hosting the next morning. Bright and early Saturday morning the first 9man race of the season was held at Doheny State Beach.  I paddled in a coed boat with a great group of people (Ricki, Sheila, Bonnie from Poly Kai, Gary, CJ, John, Brian and Cindy), it was tough, but it was so much fun.  Twenty miles of paddling, who knows how many changes, perfect weather and memories that will last a lifetime, it can't get much better than that.

$15 bucks to park, what a rip off!  

Right before the race started!

Heading towards Laguna Beach
Just moments before this photo was taken I remembered that I forgot to pick Gracie up from doggie daycare, ahhhh!  Total pet parent fail!  I called in a panic, apologizing for forgetting her and asking if she could stay the night!  They said yes, I love them, they are such a lifesaver!

3rd place Open Coed Division
I won this sweatshirt in the raffle!

I also won this foam short board, I think I am going to try and sell it!

Sunday Ken, Mr. Pie and I drove up to Santa Barbara to check out an OC-1 and buy it from a girl who was absolutely heart broken to sell it, but did not have the time or the means to use it.  This canoe is in perfect condition and Ken could not of scored a better deal than he did on this one.  We spent 6+ hours in the car and by the end of the trip we were all getting pretty antsy and just wanted to get home but it was so worth it.

Ken loading her up!

After our loooooooonnnnnngggggg ride home we hit the City of RSM's last Summer Concert of the series and met up with the family, Mr. Pie and Cole were thrilled to get to hangout together again.

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of 4 kids?   Yep practically impossible, this was the best shot I got.  

I think I have covered everything, hope you had a great weekend too!



No comments:

Post a Comment