It has been tough to get completely into the Christmas spirit this year, one because Christmas has seriously snuck up upon us very quickly, two I never put up my Christmas lights (*gasp*), three we are not really exchanging gifts this year except for the littles and the Sheriff, four we are leaving for Hawaii in 5 days, six without the crazy bustle of gift shopping, I feel like it is a normal time of year, seven and so on and so on. I have been trying to listen to my favorite Christmas tunes as much as I can to get into the spirit, I seriously love Christmas music and sing along every chance I get, just ask the Sheriff, I am surprised he claims me when we are in public, lol. So, tonight, the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I are going to eat dinner, drive around a few popular streets near our homes to view all of the pretty Christmas lights, watch "A Christmas Story" and laugh about the part when everyone tells little Ralphie that he is going to "shoot his eye out" if he gets the gun he wants for Christmas, cause for some reason the Sheriff and I laugh about this movie because Mr. Pie is getting a BB gun for Christmas (yes, we are lame). Anywho, it should be fun, I am looking forward to doing this with them and maybe stopping to get some warm yummy drinks from Starbucks (did I mention, I am back on the wagon and gave up my coffee habit except for a special treat here and there several months ago?) to get us in the sprit. I am going to leave you with a little video that is making its rounds on the internet, if this does not melt you heart I don't know what will.......
For some reason blogger and youtube are not getting along, click here to view the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment