Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sweaters for Swimsuits

I am trading sweaters for swimsuits or should I say sneakers for sandals today aka we are Hawaii bound, Kauai here we come!  The family will be coming in phases, Joe and Ann have to make the longest trek from North Carolina to LA and then LA to Kauai, the parents and I are on one flight and the rest of the tribe is on another and somehow the littles are lucky enough to fly in first class, spoiled little things! I have checked the weather report and it looks like it will be 80 degrees most of the time with a little rain, so it should be nice.  My sister has a bunch of activities planned for all of us to partake in and I thought I was the recreation coordinator; ha it looks like she has got that covered.  I don’t plan on making too many plans; I am just going to go where the wind blows me.  I am hoping we are within walking distance of a good beach for swimming and the water is warm, because a morning swim in the sunshine sounds like a wonderful way to start the day every day.  It is going to be so weird to not do the whole present opening thing and the other day I started worrying that everything would be closed and what would we do, but then I realized we are in Hawaii and there are tons of sites to see that never close and if we have to spend the day tanning on the beach, then so be it.  I think one of the days that we are going to do the helicopter tour (I am not going to lie, I am kind of nervous about this) and it should be amazing.  I am hoping for a lot of hiking, cause I have visions of a lot of eating taking place (maybe because I am starving right now) and hoping to find the local canoe club to maybe go out paddling with them once or twice so I do not come home 10lbs heavier. I am hoping I packed the right type of clothes; it was hard not to pack the warm clothes because it has been so dang cold here and I want to cover up my white body.  Little Gracie girl is tucked away at the Pet Suites and she will be living it up there through the holidays, I feel kind of guilty that I will be away from her for so long, but her BFF Lucy is there and I really don’t think she will miss me too much.  So, I am off now, I am going to miss going to the boat parade and celebrating Christmas with the Sheriff and Mr. Pie, but they will be enjoying some good father/son time without the girlfriend which is good for them and I will be getting good quality time with two of my favorite kiddo’s and making memories with them that they will most likely remember for a long time come.  

Fingers crossed for safe travels for all of us, ALOHA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment