Sunday, December 1, 2013

That's a Wrap - Thanksgiving Edition

What a weekend, where do I begin?  I think I shall start off with Thanksgiving!  Super Mom out did herself again with a wonderful meal and a beautiful table (no pictures for proof that is really did happen).  We had a nice crowd and everyone seemed to have a really good time together.  After dinner we played a dice game call "Left, Right, Center", everyone had to bring $3 to the table to play (yes, we are starting a tradition of "holiday gambling"), Super Mom ended up walking away with $36 bucks, nicely done Super Mom.  The desserts were amazing, I think Cole enjoyed them the most, boy can that kid eat, three serving of dinner and two pieces of pie later I think he might of been full, my stomach hurts just thinking about it.  

The Bird!

Girl cousins - Ava, Mari and Caroline!

Cole & Kathy playing "Left, Right, Center"!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Cole and his first round of pie!

Friday aka Black Friday started off nice and mellow, I was able to get caught up on some much needed ZZZ's, life and work have been go go go lately and it was nice to sleep in.  I decided that I needed to do a little shopping and I am glad I did, everything was 40-50% off and I could not pass that up.  I got myself some basics, t-shirts, new pj's, some pants a couple sweaters and by far my favorite purchase......


A polka dot vest, who does not love polka dots?  And they made it a vest, I am in LOVE!  
True story, I was standing in Ann Taylor Loft taking this picture and getting ready to post it on Facebook pleading to all of my peeps that if they were to find this is a size medium or large to please purchase it for me and I would pay them back plus a tip, cause this was the very last one and it was an XSMALL.  As I stood there, I swear GOD heard me and my NEED for this vest (yes, I am being dramatic and no, I do not NEED this) and out of nowhere someone dropped one down and it was a large (a little big, but I ain't complaining), it was like an angel just dropped it there, I grabbed it and trotted off to the checkout line.   It was a black Friday miracle!

After a few hours of shopping, I went home took a little nap and it was time to meet up with my gal pals Carrie and Elisse and their families at the Irvine Spectrum for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.   It has been a long time since I have seen Elisse and even longer time since we were all together, so it was nice to have dinner with all of them and they even got to meet the Sheriff and Mr. Pie.

Carrie, Elisse and Me!

The Sheriff and I!

Saturday the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I met up with his cousin Jessica at Schooner or Later for brunch, it was amazing, we only had to wait 10 minutes for a table!  We hung out for a couple hours, chit chatted and went to West Marine (no pics of the four of us, I am sooooo bummed).  It was pretty funny, while we were in West Marine, one of the workers there was totally digging me (I think it was the polka dotted vest if you ask my opinion) and was all chatty with me, I mean nonstop chatter, I think he thought the Sheriff and Jessica were together and Mr. Pie was their child and that I was just a friend of the family, ha, if he only knew!  After brunch the Sheriff had to go qualify for work, so Mr. Pie and I tagged along, I tried to get a few pics of him shooting, but the reflection in the window was not working with me. 


After the shooting range, we went to the Orange County Gun Show, it was an interesting experience to say the least.  I felt like a fish out of water, I had no idea what I was looking at or what things there were used for, but I did have the polka dot vest working for me and some guy who wanted me to come visit his booth kept yelling "hey pretty lady" over and over and over again.  I ignored him cause it grossed me out, but I am sure it was the vest that caught his attention.  Twice in one day I get the creepy men all into me, that never happens, I should of bought a lotto ticket.


This might of been the most painful thing Mr. Pie has ever experienced, I am not sure I blame him.

Sunday, my mom and I went to a baby shower for my friend Kelly (again, no pictures, doh), we could not stay a long time since we were meeting Super Dad, the Sheriff and Mr. Pie for dinner at Mangia Bene, but it was a nice shower and I hope she got great gifts.  This was the first time the parents, the Sheriff and I have had dinner together without the rest of the tribe in attendance, poor Mr. Pie was missing his buddy Cole the whole time.  We had a nice time together and the Sheriff heard stories about me growing up and that damn broken lamp that we ALL know it was truly Ryan's fault, I sure hope he was not scared when he left!

What a great four day weekend, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, now only 16 more days till we leave for HAWAII!!

No comments:

Post a Comment