The Sheriff and I went to see the Zac Brown Band Friday night,
after much deliberation I decided I needed to cancel my dentist appointment (oh
darn!) so I could take Mr. Pie to school which turned out to be great cause I
got a coffee date with my good friend Windy (not sure why this is relevant to
anything, maybe because I was secretly thrilled to put the dentist off another
month). I met the Sheriff at work and we
drove up to the Hollywood Bowl (amazingly it only took us just over two hours
to get there, on a Friday night in LA traffic, that is practically unheard
of). We had dinner at Cabo Wabo and then
walked to the Bowl, it was a cool 98 degrees out so we were all hot and sweaty
once we made it to our amazing seats!
Seriously we have been so spoiled by concerts at the Hollywood
Bowl. The concert was awesome and the
Zac Brown Band did not disappoint!
The Sheriff and I apparently have only one going out outfit,
lol! As we were waiting for our name to
be called for dinner we were standing around chit chatting and I decided we
needed a picture to prove that we were together, so I snapped a selfie and at
that moment I realized that we were wearing the same clothes that we had worn
to the Kenny Chesney Concert, but wait it gets better, as I was typing this my
memory was jogged back to a year ago when we were in Hawaii and yep, that is
right, we wore the same outfit to the Luau.
We really need a new going out outfit, thank goodness I at least had a
different hairdo each time!
It is hard to tell, but I am wearing the same dress in all three pictures!
Mr. Pie had a Kung Fu tournament bright and early Saturday
morning in East LA, I opted out and made it a father/son bonding day and stayed
home. Mr. Pie did amazing and placed
first in all three events that he competed in, we were so proud of him. While they were away, I was busy serving as
the Domestic Commander (the title provided by the Sheriff, lovely) by doing
yardwork and housework because we had a house showing scheduled the next
day. We had a patch of grass that died
in the backyard and we could not figure out why, turns out we had a broken
sprinkler and that section of the new grass never got watered so we had the
grass replaced and two sprinklers repaired (one of which one of the dogs broke
and neither one of them will say who did it).
I updated the recipe page on the blog, I have a few favorite
recipes that I either never got around to writing down or I have no idea where
the recipe card is. I know that at one
point I blogged about them but I hated having to search the blog for the recipe
so now they are all in one spot for everyone to enjoy. And in the event that you want to try one and
you are wondering, they are all simple recipes, I do not do complicated; cause
ain’t nobody got time for that! Click here if you are in a cooking rut and want new dinner ideas!
My parents have been on vacation for the last week and a
half and they have been quite the travelers hitting many different hot spots
along the east coast. Every other day or
so they send us a picture of some of the sights they have been seeing.






No comments:
Post a Comment