Thursday, October 8, 2015

Zoodles!

Mmmmm, Zoodles!  For the last year or so the Sheriff and I have been trying to stick to a wheat free grain free diet.  The Sheriff has way more self control then I do so I have been on and off, mostly on the wheat free diet but the one thing I really miss is pasta even though I have never been a big pasta eater but I also have never really had a reason to say no to it until now.  Being wheat and grain free I can total tell a difference in how my body handles food and my gut has been much happier.  For my birthday I got a spirializer (I know, totally exciting) so I can make zucchini noodles and eat "spaghetti" again.  For those of you who have not substituted zucchini for pasta you cannot tell the difference besides the color.   Tonight I made "Pasta" with Shrimp, AMAZING if you ask me!!


4oz.  Sun dried tomatoes
1 lb. shrimp
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. capers
1 tbsp Olive oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes
3/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning 
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Add 1 tbsp. of oil reserve from sun dried tomatoes to a non stick skillet over medium high heat.  Add shrimp and green onions and cook for 5 minutes.  Add sun dried tomatoes, wine and the next seven ingredients (wine through garlic) cook for 1 minute or till thoroughly heated.  Remove from heat, add cooked zoodles, toss well and top with Parmesan cheese.  

I used 6 large zucchini (the Sheriff likes leftovers) and added way more shrimp cause I am feeding two growing boys (the Sheriff and Mr. Pie, I swear they are eating us out of house and home).  But usually one zucchini per person is enough.  

If you have not had zoodles before, just a warning they are very watery so to avoid that I followed these directions and it totally worked.  

And if you need to buy a spiralizer I got mine on Amazon!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment