We now have 11 days of 2017 under our belt so I am about 11
days late in getting out our 2016 year in review, I know a lot of people dubbed
2016 to be “the worst year ever” for many different reasons and towards the end
2016 I was feeling the same way, but in all reality 2016 had some really good
parts to it and this is a great reminder to not let the bad outweigh the
good. So without further to do, here is
the good, the bad and the ugly of 2016…..
January- I closed escrow on my sweet little condo seven days
before the New Year and moved in with the Sheriff.
February- On February 15, 2016 the Sheriff and I spent the
day house hunting with our beloved realtor’s Gregory and Danny and my Mom, we
spent the day touring around Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita in
anticipation of a good offer coming in on the Sheriff’s house. That day the very first house we went to
(after looking at probably 50 homes on our own and stalking realtor.com every
day for months) we loved. While at lunch
we got the offer we had been waiting for and had to make a quick decision on
the offer we were going to put in on one of the four homes we saw that
day. Later that day we found out that we
were the fourth offer on the house we wanted, so we upped the ante and crossed
our fingers, thankfully our realtors worked the deal for us and the house was
ours!
March- The house buying and selling process was intense and
I probably started forming some serious gray hairs but we survived it, there
were a lot of tears along the way but it was worth it. We moved in with my parents for a few weeks,
the Sheriff slept in the garage with Ebo, we moved our uhaul around the
neighborhood every few days to avoid the street sweeper and parking tickets,
cried a little more, enjoyed a lot of home cooked meals, had to dig deep for
some extra $$$ and survived.
Locking up for the very last time!
April- April 1st the Sheriff and I closed escrow
on our very first house together! We
moved our stuff in, got settled and Gracie made herself very familiar with the
pool very quickly.
All day, everyday!
May- We bought a lot of stuff for the backyard, added lights
and we cannot wait for summer! We
also had a reclaimed wood wall installed
in our entry way that turned out awesome!!
June- June was probably the best month of my life EVER!! I
got pregnant, I was so excited and scared all at once but I was so happy, all I
have ever wanted was to have a baby and it was finally coming true. I felt sick immediately and all I wanted to
do was sleep and not feel sick, but it was worth it, I was going to have a
baby! It was the hardest secret to
keep!!
July- Nothing happened in July besides all day pregnancy
sickness and going swimming in our pool, it was hot and I was sick and it makes
me sick just thinking about it. I also
took an unofficial three month blogging break; it was hard to not blog about
the baby, so no blogging occurred.
August- I kept little Baby Francisco a secret from family
until I was almost 8 weeks along, I just wanted to wait until my first prenatal
appointment before getting their hopes up.
My Mom was throwing my Aunt a surprise birthday party, so it was time to
share my little surprise with them. They
were SHOCKED, it was so much fun to watch their reactions!
September- All hell broke loose this month and continued the
downward spiral until the end of the year.
The Sheriff’s Dad had “the accident” as his Mom refers to it, but it was
no accident, it was the most deliberate and selfish thing ever and even though
I have gotten over the anger part of it for the most part, I am still really
pissed off at him (I guess the anger is still there) and want to smother him with a pillow when I see him, but in
order to avoid prison time, I will no longer visit him.
On September 9th, we found out that we lost our sweet little baby, there are no words!
September 13th, I had my D&C, it was not as bad as I thought it would be
but I pray I never have to do that again.
A few days later Ken backed into our neighbor’s plumber’s truck, $3000 worth
of damage and an insurance claim later, it still makes me mad.
September 28th, I turned 38 and I watch my clock tick by every day.
October- Just when things can’t get any worse I get the
scariest phone call of my life at 12 pm on the dot on October 17th, the Sheriff
had a stroke. All the emotions still
flood through me thinking about it.
A few of our visitors
Trying
to keep things up beat and not worry about everything all day every day, I
start Christmas décor shopping, I bought a ton of stuff for our house to help
make it festive and for me retail therapy solves a lot of problems. Blogging resumed sort of!
Our new stockings!
November- Despite another trip to the ER, this time for me
for a crazy unexplained bleeding episode that mimicked a crime scene we enjoyed
hosting our first Thanksgiving!
Initially I was bummed it was a small crowd, but after all of the
craziness, we needed a small crowd.
The
Sheriff and I celebrated our fourth dating anniversary, four years and I am
still waiting for a ring, one would think that after all the shit I have been
through with him and his family this year he would think to himself, this gal
is great and I should make things more official.
December- Things started off very windy, our neighbors palm
trees completely destroyed our front and backyard and I spent hours cleaning it
up. Christmas lights went up, the tree
was decorated and the stockings were hung, we attended two brain injury support
group meetings, enjoyed the Harbor Patrol Christmas party and boat parade, I found out I need to have uterine surgery (oh boy, that sure sounds fun) to removed a mass of some sort, celebrated our first Christmas in our new house and counted down the remaining days
of 2016 praying for no more disasters.
The Sheriff’s Mom moved in with us on December 27th,
it has been an adjustment, but things are settling down and everyone is finding
their new place in the house.
Here is her room all ready to go!
In a nutshell we spent all of 2016 doing house related tasks
(buying, selling, packing, moving, unpacking, signing documents, decorating,
etc.) or at Mission Hospital, I am really hoping for something more fun in 2017.
Today – Reading all of this makes me want to cry, so much
has happened, so many storms have been weathered and I am so thankful we have
survived and are starting to thrive again.
Here is to a happy and healthy 2017 and maybe a baby!!!
And if you are bored and you want to read more year in reviews here ya go...
2013 Review did not happen!







No comments:
Post a Comment