Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis' the Season For A Christmas Show!!

Last night was my little niece's Christmas show and it was so cute, Mari's class dressed up as snowmen and their costumes were made by my super talented sister!  The show started at 6:30pm at South Pasadena High School, did you know that when driving from Aliso Viejo to South Pasadena it takes darn near two hours to get there?  OMG!!  I seriously spent two hours in my car to get to this show but it was worth every minute in the car!  Mari was so excited to see all of us and Santa after the show!  It is so funny, Cole is 5 and still kind of freaked out by Santa and Mari on the other hand is not yet 3 and loves Santa.  Go figure!  Anyway, I had to fulfill my role as proud Aunt and get the show on video so I could show everyone I know! 




 

After the show was over we headed over to a local diner for dessert, Mari insisted that I sit in the middle between her and Cole, do you know how tight it is in the back of a Volvo between to carseats?  It is even better when a three year old says to you "Auntie Erin, can your butt fit in my carseat?"  LOL!!  No Mari, my butt cannot fit in your carseat and it can hardly fit in between you and your brother! Geez, way to make your Aunt feel like a JUMBO kid! 

The three of us in the back seat playing "Christmas" a game that requires finding all of the Christmas lights and decorations around the neighborhood and screaming as loud as you can when you find them!!  I won when I found the giant snowglobe!
Cole and Mari ordered apple pie and I order a mini vanilla sundae, it was classic as soon as my dessert came Mari and Cole looked at me with these huge eyes that were just screaming please share some of that with me!! Of course being the BEST Aunt in the world I let them eat the whipped cream!


Waiting for dessert to come, with a friendly game of tic tac toe!
Will Auntie Erin let me have a bite?
After dessert was over and I have completely brainwashed Mari into thinking I am the best thing that ever happened (not hard to do when ice cream is involved) I was carrying her out to the car and joking around saying to her that I was going to take her home with me and that she was going to sleep in Gracie's dog house, she told me that she was ok with sleeping in the dog house as long as Gracie did not lick her! So cute!  We get to the car, I set her down to help my Mom carry some stuff to our car and Mari starts to cry, so sad, she really thought I was going to take her home and she did not want to go home with her family.  A few minutes later I get a phone call from Mari telling me in this really sad voice that she really wants to go home with me, I guess a sleepover at Auntie Erin's is now in the works! 


No comments:

Post a Comment