Words cannot even describe the amount of fun I had yesterday, seriously, soooooooo much fun! Yesterday was my fellow novi and I's first Outrigger Canoe race EVER, OMG, so much fun! It is so crazy, I cannot tell you how much I love hanging out with these people, we all drug ourselves out of bed at 0 dark 30, got in our cars, were bright eyed and bushy tailed (well, those of us who manage to find an open Starbucks), were down in San Diego by 6am (OH good morning) and on the beach putting boats together. Our amazing coaches Rich and Tyson and our Team Mom/Support Staff person Leslie set up camp for us on the beach near the finish line complete with ez-ups, a BBQ and all the community food any hungry paddler could desire, it was a picture perfect set-up and made for a fantastically fun day! The novice women's race began around 8:45am and lasted about 40 minutes, my boat did AWESOME to say the least, we paddled hard, steered off the competition and if it weren't for a pesky boat from San Diego we would of won the race, but 2nd place is still GREAT and I am so proud of myself and the gals who paddled their hardest, way to go Ladies!
Ski Beach in Mission Bay
Getting the boats race ready!
My "job" getting the sponsor stickers!
The front of our jersey's
The back of our jersey's
Borrowed photo from Facebook!
Three of my peeps!!
The sweet note that fellow paddler Josie sent us last night after the race! I'm telling you, these people are so nice, so glad I found such a great group of new friends. Needless to say, I cannot wait to go to practice tomorrow and our race next weekend in Santa Barbara should be just as much fun if not more, see you all out on the water!
DANA, DANA, KILLER DANA!


No comments:
Post a Comment