Friday, May 25, 2012

A Happy Day & Sad Goodbye!

Not sure how to start this post, this is the second toughest blog post I have ever written (if you want to see the first one you can click here) and one I never would of thought I would be writing it in a million years, but in some ways I am so happy that I had the experience to write about!  Mr. Pilot-Man has been back in the picture for almost a month, he was allowed to come back home in between his training and his final flight exam that is coming up this Tuesday.  We have been hanging off and on this past month and it has been great seeing each other, at first I was really hesitant to see him but he kind of showed up at my front door and there was no way I could not let him in.  So the past few weeks we have been hanging, going to dinner, eating cookies & ice cream and waiting for the dreaded phone call that would be taking him back to Dubai.  I knew I was going to have a four day weekend this weekend and that I did not have a race this weekend, so we decided to go away for the weekend, we tossed around a few fun places to go but on Wednesday afternoon he got the call saying that he was leaving Saturday morning (enter in a lot tears), so that left us with very little time.  I have been wanting to go on this hike down in Poway to Potato Chip Rock at Lake Poway, so we decided we would go down to San Diego Thursday night, hang out down there and go on the hike Friday.  Leo being the awesome person that he is arranged everything, we stayed at this super cool/had to be super expensive hotel, had great dinner, a few cocktails and dessert down there, slept in, had breakfast, drove to Lake Poway, hiked a little bit, decided it was way to cold and drove home.  I hated how the day seemed to fly by, he dropped me off at my house, I cried my eyes out, wished him a safe trip back to Dubai, said goodbye and watched him drive off, to say that last part of my day sucked would be an understatement, I have been a hot mess ever since he left!  But, the best part of this whole thing is.......I am so glad I saw him again, I hated the way we left things back in December and it feels so good to leave things on a good note!  :)  So tonight I am going to indulge myself in some Trader Joe's break and bake chocolate chip cookies and some ice cream, remember the great time we had together and throw myself a pity party for one.  Thankfully, I have a great group of friends, a new hobby that I can't seem to get enough of and some retail therapy waiting for me tomorrow!  To Mr.Pilot-Man, thank you for a wonderful time yesterday, today and this past month, I can't wait to come visit you in Dubai!  To my family & friends, I bet you did not see this one coming and I don't want to hear I told you so or anything like that, I knew it would be hard, but I had to do it!

On our way, please ignore our wardrobe, there was some serious miscommunication about this!

mmm, looks good!

Yep, they were good!

Dinner!

Dessert!

A little sightseeing!



Check out those two huge zits on my chin, can you say stress!

Good Luck leO, I will miss you tons!


1 comment:

  1. Ive been away from my computer for about a week and am just reading this. Youre crazy! And I have questions. Ill be calling you in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete