What a great weekend it has been, awesome weather (currently sitting on the patio typing this), two great workouts, drinks with friends, a bike ride, a chance to hang out with cousins (Nathan, Sarah & Ivan) lots of not so healthy food (yay for ICE CREAM), a blog makeover and some other misc. stuff that I was able to tackle! I have been wanting to repaint my coffee table for awhile, I bought it used on craigslist, I have had it for almost three years and it has needed a paint job since the day I got it. I have always been intimidated when it comes to painting furniture but I have a huge love for spray paint, so with inspiration from my friend Marisa and all of her home improvement/DIY projects I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I planned on just painting it black again but after very little thought and some very impulsive behavior I decided turquoise was the way I was going to go. So after two trips to home depot (cause once is never enough), a screwdriver and a hope that it looks ok, I now have a freshly painted table.
Before
Just another reason why I always need structured programs! Without them I go to home depot and start projects!
The top, its wet, that is why it looks splotchy.
The legs, what a pain to paint. Notice my lack of concern for the garage floor, oops!
A preview of what it should look like with the lid from the paint.
I am thinking about spraying a clear coat on it and then I will put it back together on Thursday or Friday. Stay tuned for the final results, I am really nervous about this part.





No comments:
Post a Comment