Oh my goodness, what a perfect Saturday! Aliso Viejo woke up to this picture, yep that is snow on the mountains, time to break out the snow gear and head to Big Bear!
After seeing such a great site I met up with the Sheriff and his side kick Mr. Pie and we drove out to the 909 and visited the Bass Pro Shop again! You may remember we went a few weeks ago and could only stay 45 mins and last weekend we were supposed to go but someone did not read their book report book, so we had to stay home, boo! We made it out there right before lunch time, so we grabbed a bite to eat at Johnny Rockets before we entered the Mothership of all sporting goods stores!
This is our little clan, aren't we cute?
Mr. Pie & I were taking all sorts of selfie pictures of us in this mirror at the sunglass counter and it was not until I was going through the pictures that I noticed Mr. Creepy in the background, eww.
Yep, he is ready for "huntin" season!
Yep, they belong to me, SMH!
At our last visit, I found these rubber band guns that I thought Cole & Mr. Pie would like, so I snuck away from the Sheriff and Mr. Pie and bought the guns. I am giving both boys these for Christmas. Yes, I think it is perfectly acceptable to let little boys play with guns, if you don't that is fine but please no nasty grams in the comment section and yes, I did ask my sister if it was ok before I bought it and well, the Sheriff is a total gun enthusiast, so I did not need to ask.
Mr. Pie whined, begged and begged some more trying to get us to buy him the rubber band gun, he did not understand that his birthday and Christmas (he still believes in Santa and it is seriously the cutest thing ever) are coming up soon and we were not going to be buying any toys for him. I had been planning on buying him the rubber band gun, so the Sheriff and I had to stick to our guns and say "no". Mr. Pie has also been wanting a duck call like nobody's business as well and we were planning on buying that, I was able to grab that as well without him seeing me. I purchased everything and met up with the boys and I put my bag of presents in the shopping cart, Mr. Pie was sooooooo bummed when I told him I only bought one rubber band gun and it was for Cole and then he proceeded to ask me about 25 more times (no joke) if he could buy the duck call and I had to tell him "no" 25 times and I swear I crushed his little spirit more and more with each "no", it was so sad. It got to the point where he would bring the duck call up to me and I would just shake my head and he knew I meant "no", poor kid.
After breaking the boys heart over and over I told him that if he could find something for $5 or less he could buy one thing, he was so excited and I not thinking clearly saw something for $4.99 and said "you can buy that" and wouldn't you know it was a freaking pocket knife and the boy was stoked! SMH, the Sheriff gave the green light to buy it with many rules associated with it. Yes, we bought the boy a pocket knife, it has a pair of scissors, a tooth pick, tweezers and the knife, it was $4.99 and he thought he had won the lottery and like I said there are so many rules that came with it (not going to get into them on here), so don't judge us. Plus it was $4.99, how long can the thing actually last?
After our shopping adventure at the Bass Pro Shop, we hit Barnes and Noble to buy Mr. Pie some books for school and then we went back to the BPS for dinner. The Sheriff thought it would be a swell idea to order fried alligator as an appetizer, ewww, gross.......I wish I was joking.
He liked it, I tried it, it was ok!
And then we drove home, the Sheriff behind the wheel and Mr. Pie (with pocket knife in hand) and I crashed out, we rolled into our hood at 8pm and that was all she wrote for us, we were cooked. It was a fabulous day, we had a blast and I wish I could post a ton of other pictures of Mr. Pie, he is so cute but since I blur his face out they would not be cute to anyone. Oh and we had a random snowball fight in the parking lot, yep there was a car there with some snow on top and we decided it needed to be used for a fight oh and there may of been a lot of signing and dancing in the BPS to Christmas songs by Mr. Pie and I when the Sheriff was not around cause we could just not help it. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment