Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Not this time!

After three weeks of waiting I got word that I did not get the job with the City of Newport Beach, however, I am still on the eligibility list (totally a normal thing, so nothing fantastic) for the next year, so you never know, something wild and crazy could happen and they could call me for a different position.  In the meantime I am very grateful for what I do have and realize that there is a lot of movement going on in the Recreation World, so who knows what might come-up in the future.  When I found out this morning I had a moment with a lump in my throat and disappointment inside, but it only lasted a moment when I reminded myself that everything happens for a reason and I need to just let this happen and I am not in control of this situation.  So, I texted the important peeps in my life to let them know and went on with my day.  The Sheriff, the awesome guy that he is took me out to dinner tonight to get help get my mind off of it.  It was just the two of us tonight and it was so nice to be able to talk the whole time without any interruptions and kind of reflect on the past year of our lives.  Can you believe that this Sunday will mark one year of us dating, crazy!! We just talked and talked (or maybe that was me),but it was so nice.  

1 comment:

  1. their loss. but you know, im sure those NB mom's would have been AWFUL to deal with!!!

    ReplyDelete