I feel like a broken record when I start off another blog post with "another great weekend", but seriously it is true, we have been having the best weekends that I have no other way to describe them. This weekend started off with a little race prep, my friend April who I paddle with at DOCC and I decided to do a OC-2 race a few weeks ago and yesterday was race day in Redondo Beach. I had all of my gadgets charged (GoPro and Garmin) and ready for the big day.
The Sheriff and I had a date night alone on Friday night, we went to the Irvine Spectrum and had dinner at Tender Greens, mmmm mmmm, I love that place and got a little something sweet at Coldstone's.
It almost looks like I am two fisting it, except for the nail polish.
Below are a bunch of pictures from race day, April and I had a great time and we did pretty good, the race was about five miles. This was my very first OC-2 race and I had no idea what to expect, so I was just out there paddling along, I am already thinking of ways I can improve for the next race.
The Sheriff came along too and boy howdy I was glad he did. Originally he was supposed to work but Thursday night he remembered he was on vacation starting on Friday (hence the random date night minus Mr. Pie), and had he been working he and I were going to trade vehicles so I could take his truck because the boat does much better on the truck than on my car. So bright and early Sunday morning April and I showed up at his house, loaded the canoe and headed to the race. The Sheriff being the awesome guy he is made sure that we had everything we needed, helped us down to the dock to launch the canoe, helped other people along the way, took pictures, helped us bring the canoe up after the race and on and on. He did so much for us and I cannot thank him enough. After the race we headed home, it was a little chilly and we were tired, so we left about 2pm, got home showered and met up again and we had another date night. Woohoo two dates in one weekend, we went out for sushi, mmm mmm, was it good. We go to a place called "Good Choice" and it is really a great choice. After that we went back to his place and watched a little bit of the Olympics before I passed out on his couch by 8pm, yep, I am a fun date.
Today we took the pups to the park, they love it there and have so much fun. I try to take a few pics each time we go just to have so some day when they are gone we can look back at them, plus Milo has come so far in accepting Gracie and learning how to play with her instead of trying to eat her.
I love this shot, Milo loves his ball and he is learning to share it. He looks like he is going to kill her, but it is just the timing of the photo, he was nice to her.
This is a cool shot too, if you look close you can see Gracie's head popping up behind Milo. I sent this pic to the Sheriff and said "this is a great pic of the pups" and he replied back "yeah, but I look kinda gay". I seriously cannot stop laughing, I was not expecting that response. The rest of the day was busy, Mr. Pie wiped out on his bike while we were at the park and he was pretty upset so we left. We went and had breakfast bagels and bought some girl scout cookies which cheered Mr. Pie up. After that we went back to his place, started another amazing crock pot dinner and did yard work the rest of the day. I am very pleased to report that all of our hard work is paying off and one day I hope to share before and after pictures. Now it is back to work in the morning, boo!




No comments:
Post a Comment