Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Knott's Berry Farm 2015

This month it has been Fire and Law Enforcement appreciation month at Knott's Berry Farm meaning that Fire or Law Enforcement personel get two free tickets and up to six other tickets at a discounted rate ($24), so we took the kiddo's again this year.  Last year it was kind of disastrous as in Mari knocked out two teeth but the Sheriff won her a teddy bear so it was all good kinda sorta, so this year it was our goal to leave there sans injuries especially mouth ones.  All I have to say is what a difference a year makes, this year the kids actually wanted to go on rides, last year they were cool with just walking around the park and checking the shops and attractions out.  This year we hit some of the big rides and lets just say I have turned into a pansy, I screamed like a little girl, closed my eyes and braced myself for every drop.  The Sheriff and I laughed because in every ride picture we each made our own scared/bracing for the drop face, it was pretty funny.  Cole and Mr. Pie were the cool kids with their hands up in the air, lucky for them, they were sitting behind me so I could not see that they were not holding on and lucky for me too, otherwise I would of had a panic attack watching them not holding on.  

Our time together started after Shannon's baby shower on Saturday, we went to dinner with G & G and then headed home to my house because Mr. Pie was on his way over to spend the night and hang with us.  Mr. Pie and the Sheriff were a bit delayed so I took C & M to get ice cream.

#bestauntever

We left bright and early Sunday morning for Knott's after a quick breakfast, they were pretty excited to say the least.



I was trying to take a fun groupie, but the boys were being buttheads and kept shoving their faces in the camera.

They were a little wild towards the end, but the minute we left the parking lot they dropped like flies and were asleep most of the the ride home.   We stopped at Tony Pepperoni for dinner and then finished the night at Cherry on Top!  Oh and do you see that pink bear? That's right Auntie Erin won that for bear for Mari, yep, best aunt ever!

When we got home, I was cooked, so I put them on the couch in front of the tv, they watched a movie and I fell asleep, once it was over, it was time for bed.

I did not sleep well, I had a horrible sore throat all day at Knott's and all night and for a moment I googled Measles symptoms because we have had a huge outbreak in Orange County and even though I was vaccinated as a baby I am afraid I need a booster shot to be protected. #callingthedoctorinthemorning 

I was too tired to make breakfast so I took them to the doughnut shop, I don't think they minded one bit.


After doughnuts we drove down to HB for a bike ride and lunch before it was time to return the kids back to their parents.  It was such a fun weekend together, I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment