Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fingers Crossed!

Lately I have noticed on other blogs that I follow that on Wednesday's they refer to Wednesday as "Wordless Wednesday" and just post a picture of whatever is going on in their life that day.  Well, I am going to call today "Will I Have a Job Wednesday?".  Tonight, I believe that the Rancho Santa Margarita City Council is scheduled to adopt the 2010-11 budget and with that it is believed that one city employee will be let go. A few weeks ago I knew that my job was on the line when the City Council voted to reduce the number of special events that the city hosts annually and I also knew the dollar amount that needed to be cut from our department and that was the same amount that I am paid.  But as the budget cut meetings went on it appeared that I was safe from elimination, but still have not received that 100% you are safe this year confirmation that I need.  So, today I am hoping for the best and bracing for the worst! Keep your fingers crossed that I will still have a job after tonight!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment