6 years ago today I closed escrow on my first piece of real estate and was handed the keys to my very own front door!! It seems just like yesterday that my Mom, Dad and good friends Danny (the best realtor) & Allison Lloyd met at 47_______Lane to view what has become my home and enjoy a nice evening out talking about all the possibilities and strategies that were needed to secure the condo over dinner.
So today, as I reflect on the last 6 years of home ownership and all of the trials and tribulations of life that I have encountered and trudged through, not to mention all of the blood, sweat and tears (most of the blood and sweat was from good old DAD and the tears were all mine) that were put into making my first home perfect, I know I would of never been able to do it without my parents love and support! Words cannot express how thankful I am to have such a nice place to live and to call my very own!
Now it only seems fitting to celebrate this anniversary with some kind of home improvement project. As I mentioned a few days ago that I am on vacation this week and I have put this time away from work to good use on the house. Yesterday, I spent the afternoon caulking crown moulding, painting crown moulding and moving all of my bedroom furniture back to its correct location! Today the laundry room received a makeover of paint on the storage cabinet, crown moulding and ceiling. Tomorrow more touch up painting is to be expected, now which walls will get it will be a surprise to everyone including myself! I really do not have a plan for tomorrow, so I am going to see where my mind takes me and I will go from there!!! Pictures will be posted soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment