Monday, June 14, 2010

The Verdict is in!!!

After a weekend of pondering I have come to the conclusion that the Dentist (sorry Kerry Shimizu) was the least favorite of the two appointments I had last week (scroll down and you will see what I am talking about!).  Now, I know all you ladies out there are wondering how I came to that conclusion because we all know the dreaded time of year every year when we have to jump on the scale and then we are so so so fortunate that we get to bare all to the wonderful girly doctor.  So I will explain how each visit went!

Dentist:
  • X-Rays
  • Plaque removal by the wonderfully sharp tool that they use.
  • Dental Hygienist that does not read your chart that says to apply numbing gel and when you realize that she forgot, she has already started torturing you.
  • Exposed root that gel forgetting dental hygienist hits with that wonderfully sharp tool.
  • Plaque removal complete.
  • Polishing begins (feels/sounds like nails on a chalkboard).
  • Polishing with bubble gum flavor toothpaste (really bubble gum flavor, come on people we are ADULTS, bring back the mint flavor).
  • Dentist examines teeth.
  • Dentist tells you that your gums are receding (really? I had no idea when she hit the root! Come on now!)
  • Dentist applies some bark tasting fluoride protector gel to exposed roots (all numbing medication has now worn off, ouch!)
  • On the way out the receptionist asks if I want to make my next appointment (do I look like I have lost my mind? It is going to take me 6 months to get the courage to pick up the phone and call you to make my next appointment.).
Girly Doctor:
  • Show up at 8:10am for 8:20am appointment and check in.
  • Sit for 10mins and the receptionist kindly tells me my appointment had been cancelled back in April.
  • Hmmm? I think for a minute before I respond.
  • I respond "well that is not what they told me when I called on Wednesday to confirm my appointment!"
  • Receptionist kindly tells me "well it was cancelled". Hmmm? Me: "WHAT THE HECK"
  • I was then given the option to come back at noon! Yay, I get to come here twice in 1 day.
  • Come back at noon!
  • Doctor is in a huge hurry, some darn pregnant lady was trying to give birth during my appointment and the hospital needed her to go and deliver that darn baby. Me: "She can wait!"
  • Doctor was in and out in 10mins!
  • And the reason why this appointment won, was all because of that darn lady who was trying to give birth during my appointment and made it so I did not have to get on the scale until after the Doctor was done, therefore she could not lecture me for eating all of those darn ice cream sandwiches from Trader Joe's!  Oh and there where no sharp objects that were attacking me during the visit.
  • Yay, to Dr. Sansone!  Who would of thought the Gynecologist would beat out the Dentist?!
The sharp tools, lack of numbing gel, bubble gum flavor toothpaste and bark flavored fluoride clearly was worse than a mysteriously cancelled appointment and a 1 minute pap smear! 

But the best part of the day was I got to spend it with my Mom!! After all of the girly doctor mishaps, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and then went and had a pedicure!

Don't they look so pretty?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously that sharp tool is THE worst invention ever! OH and I have receeding gums too and it hurts like heck when they spray that -400 degree water RIGHT at your roots. I am the same way when I leave that place...with old rubber glove face and dried spit, "Do i look like I want to set up another appt right now? No thanks!"

    ReplyDelete