This past Saturday DOCC was in Oceanside for another 9man race, OMG was is it fun! I was on a coed boat with some of my favorite peeps and we did pretty darn good. The changes went well, no one was left in the water, I did not have scream at anyone to get out of the boat and we had one of our favorite coaches (Rich) with us so all in all I would say it was a huge success. While out on the water we saw two huge whales swimming along with us and there was a rumored shark sighting which I did not believe until I saw it for my own very eyes in the video below!
Sitting seat 5 before I made the change to seat 6, holy cow I need more paddling practice!
Just out of the water, my one and only change, I was tired, but having a great time! I got maybe a 10 minute break out of the whole 20 mile race!
This video was made by John Clark a member of our club, it is of his boat so I am not in it, but it gives you an idea of what we were doing out there on Saturday, be sure to watch around 2:04 for the shark sighting! Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment