As of 8:30pm tonight,
today marks only seven (7)(count em
1,2,3,4,5,6,7) more practices until we go to Catalina, I am not going to lie I
am kind of scared! Now I am not scared
of the paddle over, I am more nervous than scared, nervous at the thought of
not making it back into the boat when it is my turn to jump in the water and
change (actually I am freaked out about this) but I am scared to get on the
Catalina Express, because the thought and anxiety building in me about getting
seasick, makes me want to barf right now!
Anyone have a Xanax handy? Holy
Cow, I am a liar, I am scared to death I am going to miss the changes, I want
to stay in the boat the entire time, I want to tough it out and paddle the
whole 26 miles, OMG, I am going to die on September 8th!
AHHHHHH!!!!! Deep breath, it is going to
be ok, breathe erin! To be honest I am
getting myself really worked up about this, it is soooooo crazy, this whole
season I have been calm, cool and collected but for some reason as of right now
I am NOT, I am freaking out! I guess it
is fear of the unknown, I have only done one (1) real life water change and I
kind of bombed it, it was slippery and fast and I did not grab on hard
enough. Breathe erin!! AHHH!!!! In the meantime while I have my mini panic
attack, I am trying to figure out the logistics of going Zip Lining (total
procrastination of getting on the boat) and making it back to the mainland in
time to see the guys finish in Newport.
I am willing to shell out $120 to avoid getting seasick for two more
hours, umm that is just plain pathetic, Erin suck it up and get on the
boat! Or, maybe I will just stay there
forever and ever? Anyways, send good
thoughts my way on September 8th as I paddle the open seas with 8 of
my good friends and I try not to miss the boat! Pictures are for sure to come, this is an
adventure I will be sure to document!
Hopefully me in a couple weeks, I cannot wait
No comments:
Post a Comment