Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wedding #2 with a side of Drama!

So Wedding #2 happened this past Monday, yes on a Monday, you all are probably thinking who has a wedding on a Monday?  Geniuses have weddings on Monday’s, that’s who,  cause  you probably save a boatload of $$$$ and it being a holiday no one has to take a day off from work, so it is a freakin win win for everyone!  Anywho the wedding was held at Ponte Winery and it was beautiful, holy goodness of all things wedding, I want to get married there.  The afternoon started off a bit rocky, I wore the same dress I wore to my college graduation oh 10 years ago and let’s just say I do not remember it being tight and difficult to zip-up, let alone not allowing me room to breathe, but oh well I love the dress and that is what I was going to wear.  I arrived to the wedding and as soon as I got out of my car I immediately hear this annoying metal scrapping noise as I walk, well wouldn’t you know but the freaking rubber stub on the heel of my shoe came off, as in long gone, never to be seen again.  Ok, I can deal with the noise whatev’s, my bladder is the size of Texas so I run to the bathroom before everyone is seated and as I walk into the bathroom the bottom of my other shoe falls off and out of nowhere my shoe is now in two pieces, umm, no big deal, I use the bathroom and decided to go in search of some tape that I can use to put my shoe back together with.  As I am walking out of the bathroom the strap on my shoe breaks, oh gosh, we now have a problem, I can no longer walk in these shoes, what am I going to do??  I panic for a split second and remember hot diggity dog I have a pair of flip flops in my car, woohoo problem solved, I graciously walk to my car in bare feet, OMG, so tacky.  I venture back to the seating area, grab a glass or two of champagne and the wedding gets started.  The wedding ceremony is very nice, Lisa looked beautiful and Pete was crying, it was sweet.  The reception followed immediately after the ceremony and the wine started flowing right away as well, needless to say when in Rome do as the Romans and I did, we were at a winery therefore I needed to drink a lot of wine.  A lot of wine was consumed, dinner was served, cake was eaten, my white girl dance moves came out and as soon as I got home I passed out, so classy!  









Check out the flip flops, clearly I had not looked in the mirror either, my sweater  was a mess. 


Congrats Lisa & Pete!



No comments:

Post a Comment