Friday afternoon my DOCC peeps and I drove up to Santa Barbara for a nice weekend of paddling, sunshine and fun and boy howdy did we have a lot of sunshine, paddling and fun. We pulled in to Santa Barbara right at dinner time so a bunch of us met up at the Santa Barbara Brewing Co. for dinner and cocktails, after dinner we strolled around for a little bit and then checked in to the oh so fancy Ramada Inn (insert sarcasm here) and spent and arm and a leg for about 8 hours of hotel usage, but oh well. Saturday morning we headed to Leadbetter beach, such a great location for this race. There was a nice grass area where we could set up camp for the day and we hung out there all day. The weather was oh so perfect, the sun came up at 6:30am and it was out all day and not a cloud in the sky. I raced in a coed boat again this week, SCORA changed the time of our race and we ended up starting with the open men, holy cow was that nuts and those open men are kinda mean (there was a lot of pushing and shoving at the start line, holy moly). Our race lasted just under two hours and was just over 12 miles long. I attached my GoPro to the boat and set it to take pictures every minute, however next race I am going to set it to take pictures every 20-30 seconds, things were moving too fast and I missed a lot of the race by having it set every minute (oh well, live and learn). After the race we loaded up all of our stuff, headed to downtown Santa Barbara, had dinner at this really good Italian place and stopped at Ben & Jerry's for a little ice cream before we all headed home.
| Yep, camera is on! |
| Some of the craziness at the start line. |
This morning I went to pick up little Miss Trouble from camp, she was sent home with a bad dog note, turns out that they bought some new dog bowls for all of the campers and they had a rubber ring around the bottom of them to keep them from sliding on the floor, well little Miss Gracie did not like that and she very carefully chewed the rubber off of the bowl and ate some of it. We had a long talk about her behavior and by the picture below you can tell she feels bad about her actions.
After our chat about her behavior I let her lick my coffee cup, however she prefers to chew the cardboard, SMH!
Because I was not sore or tired enough I decided today was a good day to tackle a small home improvement project. In the mornings the sun shines so bright into my room and heats it up so much I finally decided it was time to do something about it, cause you know I have only lived here eight and a half years, so whats the rush. I went to Home Depot and bought some cheapy outdoor blinds to fix the problem and Super Dad came over and hung them up for me. After they were hung the Super Parents and I went to dinner to our favorite Italian place Mangia Bene that is across the street from my place.
| Lets see how long it takes for the HOA to send me a nasty gram! |
And last but not least, my computer has been acting up, I got the blue screen of death last week but by some miracle it came back to life and then today I got the always dreaded screen that says that the computer was unable to start up, but somehow it fixed itself. Please Please send good thoughts to my computer I do not want to have to buy a new one anytime soon!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend, there is no race scheduled for next weekend, so for all of my nonpaddler readers you will not have to hear about the tales of DOCC for awhile, however I do have a novice story that will need to be shared so that it does not get lost in the archives of the DOCC Facebook page soon. And in case you were wondering wedding #2 of this wedding season is coming up on the 27th, congrats to Lisa & Pete, so be sure to check in on that. Until then, I hope you all have a fabulous Monday, tomorrow is the first day of summer class registration at the BTRCC and if you are not a follower of us on Facebook, please click here and "Like" us!
No comments:
Post a Comment