I’m not going to lie but this 30 day challenge thing has been tough! One of my goals was to only eat the food that I brought with me to work, that meant I had to plan my meals (lunch and dinner) and I could not cheat by going to one of the many different restaurants that are within walking distance of my office. Well, lucky for me I only had to work three days last week due to the 9/80 schedule I am on and Veterans Day being on my Friday off so I was off on Thursday as well, score!!! My second goal was to eliminate sweets/junk food from my life, I did pretty well in that department but on Friday I caved and went to Starbucks. I swear Starbucks knows about my 30 day challenge because when I used my Gold Card I earned enough points to get a free drink and I also was the random customer that got the survey receipt, you know where you go online take the survey and you get a free drink, really Starbucks two free drinks in one visit? It’s like the coffee gods want me to fail! I also caved and had some break and bake chocolate chip cookies from Trader Joe’s with Leo on Saturday night, and let me tell you, they were delish! My third goal was to exercise twice a day every day, that one has been pretty easy as I have got back on the workout wagon and have been hitting the gym, walking Gracie and walking during my lunch break, but over the weekend I only got one workout in each day due to Super Mom and I spending Saturday and Sunday clearing out her old office, emptying cabinets in the garage and peeling a wall paper border that should of only taken maybe an hour that ended up taking many hours (seriously, if the house burnt down the walls in the office would still be standing due to the wall paper border holding the walls up, it was that tough). So, so far so good, I had a couple setbacks but nothing major, I am going to keep moving forward and hoping to make this a permanent lifestyle change. Has anyone heard the new Kaiser Permanente commercial? It is so fitting for me right now and for everyone out there who is trying to make changes.

No comments:
Post a Comment