***Warning this post is basically me whining like a small child!***
I sure have a case of the Monday's as in Erin's dictionary it is defined as the first day after a great weekend that was sub par, a day that one wishes she could sleep in, a day that she should not be accountable for anything or expected to get anything done.
I had a great week/weekend the past few days only for my "fun high" to come crashing down today when my alarm went off at 5:30am, I quickly declared it a wet hair day (giving me more time to sleep instead of drying my hair) and hit the snooze button one or two more times then I should. I got ready for work only see the damage all that snoozing in did and was late to work (New Year's Resolution; be on time to work). Somehow made it to work before everyone else so my tardiness (5 mins) went unnoticed (whew!), only to be hit smack in the face with the world's most neediness resident of the year (yes, I know it is only day 7 of the new year), I swear some people should not be allowed to reproduce! In a nutshell; crazy woman, children's art contest, child is no Picasso, afraid artwork would get wrinkled, way too much time on her hands, I must dig through hundreds of pieces of artwork so woman does not have a mental breakdown.
A few minutes later it is discovered that someone (I know who) has unplugged and jacked up all of the settings our main computer in the tech lounge, I make very obvious signs that say DO NOT TOUCH with the meaning Touch and DIE!
Sore throat sets in mid morning, are you serious? I never get sick! Headache sets in a few minutes later, fan-FREAKING-tastic, I think I am sick. It is probably karma, since I was thinking how ridiculous resident of the year was and this is payback!
Boss wants to start planning the Summer Concert Series, I want to CRY, we just had New Year's Eve! I remind myself how great the concerts and get over it quickly. I get a ton of stuff done at work, all of my NYE vendors will get paid next week, looks like we will have our brochure printed in time for the first day of registration (can you say months behind, sooooo not my fault).
As I type this I realize how great a snuggie would be right now. Gracie is having a field day with some wrapping paper and tissue she found in my room, my head hurts so bad that I don't even care if she eats it or spreads around the house and I think it is going to to be hot chocolate and scrambled eggs for dinner night!
I believe I am done with my whine, is it Friday yet?
GOODNIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment