Yes, you read that right there are lots of fun things in the works right now! For starters DOCC and our awesome coaches Rich and Tyson continue to organize Crossfit WOD's (workout of the day) at Baby Beach on Sunday's including the one this morning! I am meeting up with a couple of my gal pals at NAC tomorrow morning for a "Yay, we do not have to work today" paddle with our OC-1's, longest distance on the freeway with it tomorrow, I am just slightly nervous. I bought these three items today....
yes to all of my high school swim friends your eyes are not playing tricks on you, that is a pair of goggles (does anyone besides me have trouble spelling goggles after google became popular, cause I sure do, maybe it is the blonde in me) and a swim cap cause starting on Tuesday I will be swimming at Saddleback College twice a week (and I freak out cause I have no free time, ha, I wonder why?) for the next semester. I have been kinda itching to get back in the pool but just needed the right motivation to get me back in and as of right now a size 8 pair of jeans and some friends who will be joining me is just what I needed. One of my paddle friends coaches at Saddleback and we were talking today and this programs sounds just like what I need to get me back into swim shape. Oh and the orange thing is a floatation device for my GoPro in the event that it falls into the water (man, they have thought of everything)! This afternoon/evening was also the season kick-off meeting for DOCC, yep the season starts on February 2, and I am prepared (see this post for a refresher on my preparation for the season), now if the house could just stay clean by itself till September I would be golden! And the biggest bestest news ever, I am headed to Kona, Hawaii in August for this, I have already requested the days off, actually I am taking two weeks off to go to the Kona race and to relive this! Yep, that is a 5 hour plane ride, two different time zones, two big races and one large ocean all within one week of each other, on second thought maybe I should ask for three weeks off?
It's gonna be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment