Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Plunge!

So I did it, I took the plunge yesterday morning, right into the pool.  I signed myself up and headed to swim class before the sun came up at Saddleback College.  It has been since high school that I have attended any kind of swim practice and I have not swam two consecutive laps since then either.  I kind of had this attitude that I am NEVER EVER EVER swimming laps again after I graduated high school and now things have kind of changed in the last few months and I have been wanting to get back in the pool.  I was a little nervous that I would be the "oh so slow one" in the pool but I was pleasantly surprised that I did great, not sure if it was the paddling that I have been doing or if it was the fins I was wearing, lol!  Yep, we got to wear fins and I truly think that is the only way I survived, they made me feel so sleek and fast and gave me the confidence that I could keep up.  Our instructor said that we will use them often, so I went on Amazon and bought myself a pair, ha, just what I need is another piece of gear for a sport, ahhhhhh!  Anyways, it was great morning and I am feeling muscles that I have not felt in awhile and I am hoping that this will provide me with a good cross training activity for paddling and who knows maybe make those size 8's fit a little better.  

Keep Calm and Swim On print

No comments:

Post a Comment