I have been in a serious food rut lately and I am not one that is big on New Year's Resolutions but with my weekly diet consisting of Starbucks, scrambled eggs (even for dinner), Chipotle and Jersey Mikes, it is time for a serious change. So with the help of the internet I am starting my New Year's Resolution now (actually it started on Wednesday and yes, I know we were 16 days into the new year, but whatev's) with new recipe's and a new use for my kitchen besides being a catch all and a place to store large appliances that suck out energy and cost me money every month to keep powered up for no good reason at all cause they are not being used. On Wednesday night I made Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup, holy mother of goodness it was good and really easy to make and the leftovers even tasted good (had it for lunch and dinner on Thursday) and that says a lot coming from the girl who does not like leftovers AT ALL, which is part of the reason why I hardly cook cause what is one person supposed to do with all of that leftover food?
And for tonight's delish meal it was a shrimp quesadilla, yum yum!
I found these two recipe's and many others at skinnytaste.com ,I cannot wait to make a few more. Oh and I discovered how handy it is to meal plan, blah I thought meal planning was for stay at home mom's with nothing better to do until I realized how much $$$ it can save you and how convenient it is to have all of your groceries on hand, however for me, cooking for one person means that I will be eating the same ingredients all week long, just cooked different ways. And as always to all of my single friends (or my married ones who want a night away from their kids) out there, the door is wide open if you want to come for dinner cause we all know that the cooking universe makes it damn near impossible to cook for just one person without making scrambled eggs every night, see you at the dinner table!
No comments:
Post a Comment