Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Day Paddle!

A New Year's Day paddle, what a great way to start 2013!  Yesterday morning between 50-60 DOCC people met at Baby Beach for the annual New Year's Day paddle to Three Arch Bay (approx. 13 miles round trip) and cocktail hour (9am, never to early).  We all met up at 7:30am, drug all of our boats out, loaded up coolers, flasks, bottles of Champagne, etc and headed out.  As we were getting ready to head out I randomly ran into my Uncle Dwight in the parking lot, he was off to go birding but saw all of the excitement going on and went looking for me.  
Getting ready!

Brrrrrrr, it was cold out!

Me in seat two!


We looked like a small army invading the beach!



What a great group of people to paddle with!

The rest of New Year's Day was pretty much a wash, I was so tired from working the day and night before (14 hours on my feet in the freezing cold (added for dramatics)) that when I got home, I took a shower, put my pj's back on and took a 4.5 hour nap.  I had to force myself to get out of bed at 4:30pm so I could get a few things done around the house and finish packing my stuff for Mammoth (woohoo).  Oh and I may or may not of gone through the In N Out drive through in my pj's, sweatshirt and running shoes, not to mention my hair was a hot mess!  Yes, folks, there is no mystery as to why I am still single! AWESOME!

Happy 2013!  

DOCC, thanks for a great morning and thank you to all of the people who took the pictures I borrowed from Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment