Friday, March 12, 2010

In the Dog House :\

When I created this blog I did not want to make it an all about my dog blog, but so far that is pretty much all I have blogged and today is no exception. Oh Gracie, Sweet Gracie is all I have to say!!! After a really long day at work last night, I finally made it home around 9:45pm totally and completely exhausted and of course I come home to a pup who is ready to play! Well there was not much play left in me, so I walked the dog, played ball with her and settled into the couch. Gracie is pretty good at entertaining herself and usually hangs out on her bed in the living room. So about midnight, I wake up to her chewing on her bone, so I thought, I look over at her and she is chewing on one of my brand new running shoes AAAAAHHHHH!!! That bad dog went in my room (my room is off limits to her) found my shoes and went to town!!! I flipped out, grabbed the shoe and smacked her with it, of course she runs under the kitchen table so I cannot get to her (smart dog) and hides. I yelled some more (sorry neighbors) and I looked at her and said "it is a good thing you have a fur coat, you are sleeping outside tonight", sent her outside and that is where she stayed. I am still mad, what do you do with one shoe??? All I have to say is she is lucky I have two pairs of running shoes or there would be more yelling this morning and no walk for her!!! I guess the Vet was right, she has got to be part goat! For all of you who don't know me, g-dog swallowed the skin of a tennis ball a year ago and had to have emergency surgery to have it removed!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is terrible. Shoes are a little too pricy to have them chewed up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!! Especially when I am on a tight budget! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, but smile and hide all of my other shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES!! I came home last night and Sumba had chewed up her bed! Darn dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I would have been mad too! I know it's just there nature but geez!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summir - Look at my Facebook pics, Gracie had chewed a huge hole in her bed, however that was the 3rd or 4th bed and i waited a long time before i bought another. I think she finally got the message and knock on wood she has not chewed the current bed that we have had for 3 months!!!

    ReplyDelete