I am not quite sure what was wrong with Wednesday (yesterday), but I swear all of the planets & stars were utterly and completely out of alignment and I would of bet a lot of $$$ that it was a full moon. From the minute I hit the pavement with Gracie dog, I could not believe what I was seeing.
It all started as we walked passed the gas station around the corner from our house, some crazy SUV driving BMW owning lady was in the middle lane and all of the sudden realizes that she needed gas and slammed on her brakes so that she could make a right turn from the MIDDLE lane (who does this?), nearly causes a ten (10) car pile-up. Then I am driving to work and I am in the middle lane and the guy in front of me thinks "oh crap, I need to get on the freeway", but he is not sure if he needs to go north or south. So he changes lane to get on the 5 north but at the last minute decides it is the 5 south he wants, but does not check to see if he can get back into my lane and nearly hits me.
I safely make it to the boundary line of RSM only to come upon a huge sewer line break (only affected 20,000 residents), the stench could seriously peel paint off the walls. Get to work and it is TAX PREP DAY for the seniors at the Community Center where I work, YAY! Of course the minute I get in the phone has already been ringing off the hook for hours, so I jump in and answer the phone. It must of been my lucky day, because when I answer the phone the lady on the other end says to me "I am calling to let you know that the statues on the corner are going to cause an accident, they look like they are going to run into the street" I say "ok, you mean the BRONZE statues next to Round Table Pizza" she says "YES". Seriously, do people really have that much time on their hands? I tell her "well they are bolted down, so I don't think they are going anywhere" She would not give it a rest so I told her that "I am writing it down and I will pass it on to the necessary people". WOW!
A little later, some lady comes into the center and asks "when is the bus leaving for the Getty Center Trip?", in my head I am thinking "what Getty Center trip?", so I ask her for a few more details and she has no idea what the answers are, so if she doesn't know, HOW the heck am I going to know? So, I try to find it and discover that the last time the Getty Center trip bus left RSM was in October of 2008, SORRY LADY, you missed the bus! She looks at me and says "well you were no help at all" and leaves. OMG, can this really be going on?
So, the day progresses then the phone rings again and this time it is a lady named Grace (don't get her confused with my pup), Grace has called the Community Center no joke probably 45 times since Friday wanting to speak to the director of the YMCA that is in our building. Grace is calling for her daughter (who is in college) who needs to do volunteer work. First of all Grace (at this point my pup is smarter then her), your daughter should be calling herself, not her mommy and second of all are you that needy that you NEED to call ever 5 minutes??? So after the 45th phone call, I say to Grace "when calling the YMCA, it would be great if you would call their number instead of ours, and also the guy you want to speak to is NOT HERE and he is not going to magically appear, if you keep calling, you NEED to leave a message and he will call you back. Please do not call here again till he returns your 44 other calls" I actually did not say the magically appear or 44 calls part but I WANTED TOO, the woman is going to drive me to drink!!
After I dash all of Grace's dreams of ever calling the Bell Tower Community Center again, I have some crazy woman who wants me to fill out her Census form. I am thinking oh FANTASTIC, she is not going to leave until I do this. I guess her main confusion is what to do with all of the other spaces after she puts her information in. She was thinking that she needs to put relatives on there so she does not leave anything blank. Now, I am blonde, even I was able to fill out my census form without help, it was very easy! Come on Lady, seriously it says to only put the people who live in your house on there. I think to myself "and these are the people who vote" NO WONDER George W. Bush was elected!
It all started as we walked passed the gas station around the corner from our house, some crazy SUV driving BMW owning lady was in the middle lane and all of the sudden realizes that she needed gas and slammed on her brakes so that she could make a right turn from the MIDDLE lane (who does this?), nearly causes a ten (10) car pile-up. Then I am driving to work and I am in the middle lane and the guy in front of me thinks "oh crap, I need to get on the freeway", but he is not sure if he needs to go north or south. So he changes lane to get on the 5 north but at the last minute decides it is the 5 south he wants, but does not check to see if he can get back into my lane and nearly hits me.
I safely make it to the boundary line of RSM only to come upon a huge sewer line break (only affected 20,000 residents), the stench could seriously peel paint off the walls. Get to work and it is TAX PREP DAY for the seniors at the Community Center where I work, YAY! Of course the minute I get in the phone has already been ringing off the hook for hours, so I jump in and answer the phone. It must of been my lucky day, because when I answer the phone the lady on the other end says to me "I am calling to let you know that the statues on the corner are going to cause an accident, they look like they are going to run into the street" I say "ok, you mean the BRONZE statues next to Round Table Pizza" she says "YES". Seriously, do people really have that much time on their hands? I tell her "well they are bolted down, so I don't think they are going anywhere" She would not give it a rest so I told her that "I am writing it down and I will pass it on to the necessary people". WOW!
A little later, some lady comes into the center and asks "when is the bus leaving for the Getty Center Trip?", in my head I am thinking "what Getty Center trip?", so I ask her for a few more details and she has no idea what the answers are, so if she doesn't know, HOW the heck am I going to know? So, I try to find it and discover that the last time the Getty Center trip bus left RSM was in October of 2008, SORRY LADY, you missed the bus! She looks at me and says "well you were no help at all" and leaves. OMG, can this really be going on?
So, the day progresses then the phone rings again and this time it is a lady named Grace (don't get her confused with my pup), Grace has called the Community Center no joke probably 45 times since Friday wanting to speak to the director of the YMCA that is in our building. Grace is calling for her daughter (who is in college) who needs to do volunteer work. First of all Grace (at this point my pup is smarter then her), your daughter should be calling herself, not her mommy and second of all are you that needy that you NEED to call ever 5 minutes??? So after the 45th phone call, I say to Grace "when calling the YMCA, it would be great if you would call their number instead of ours, and also the guy you want to speak to is NOT HERE and he is not going to magically appear, if you keep calling, you NEED to leave a message and he will call you back. Please do not call here again till he returns your 44 other calls" I actually did not say the magically appear or 44 calls part but I WANTED TOO, the woman is going to drive me to drink!!
After I dash all of Grace's dreams of ever calling the Bell Tower Community Center again, I have some crazy woman who wants me to fill out her Census form. I am thinking oh FANTASTIC, she is not going to leave until I do this. I guess her main confusion is what to do with all of the other spaces after she puts her information in. She was thinking that she needs to put relatives on there so she does not leave anything blank. Now, I am blonde, even I was able to fill out my census form without help, it was very easy! Come on Lady, seriously it says to only put the people who live in your house on there. I think to myself "and these are the people who vote" NO WONDER George W. Bush was elected!
As the day continues on, I am starting to search for some alcohol, hoping I might find some in a secret cabinet somewhere in the building. In our policies and procedures book it says nothing about drinking at work, it only states that you cannot come to work intoxicated, I think "NO PROBLEM, I am already here!".
Moral of this story is once you combine the senior citizens who call and come to the Community Center and all the other whack jobs that live in RSM, it makes for an interesting day! Here is a picture of the "runaway statue"!
Oh girl, that day did stink. Makes you really think about the intelligence of the general population...
ReplyDelete