Sunday, June 24, 2012

A lil Housekeeping!

I have been needing to do a little housekeeping lately and so Friday I finally tackled some of it!  I had a closet that needed to be cleaned out, clothes sorted and donated, items to be placed on Craigslist (my major addiction, lol, my friend Kate and I could talk Craigslist and Ebay strategies for hours!) and some bill reductions.  I was with a friend at the Verizon store on Friday, she was getting a new cellphone plan and wouldn't you know it they give Government Employee's a discount on phone service, so while I was there I whipped out my City ID card and now I am saving 15% on my monthly cellphone bill and all it took was 5 minutes to put it into action, SCORE!  Then I went home and called AT&T to talk about my internet and home phone service.  I have only had the home phone so that I could have internet but I was hoping they have updated their service and I could get rid of the home phone since I have probably not used it in over 3 years.  Turns out they have updated their service and I could get rid of the home phone or I can get the home phone and the internet for a lower price then having just the internet, so I went with that and I reduced my bill $15 a month, AWESOME!  And.......the best deal of the day.........the new rack I bought for my car, yep halfway to owning my surfboard, I have got the rack now!  So, I call RSM Honda to ask how much they were and yep, they are kind of expensive, so I ask the guy if they give City of RSM employee's any kind of discount?  And wait for it, he said "yes" and he took $50 off my new rack!  I was soooo excited I almost yelled "surf's up!" The rack has been ordered and should be in on Tuesday, I cannot wait!

So moral of the story, those pesky bills such as cable (don't have that anymore), internet, phone, cellphone, etc. you should call every six months or so and ask what kind of deal they have that will help save you some $$$$.  I am stoked with two phone calls I am saving almost $40 a month.  Now if I could just sell all of the stuff I have on Craigslist, I would make enough money to buy my new rack, wish me luck!

Cha-Ching!

1 comment:

  1. We have mercury car insurance and they cut our bill because we are college grads and lowered mine even more cuz I'm not working! All we had to do was ask!

    ReplyDelete