This morning I took a quick look around what I am currently referring to as my house hotel, cause all I do here is shower and sleep these days and all I saw was piles, piles of mostly junk aka the things you want to look at but you don't have time so you stick them in a pile and tell yourself you will get to it later but later turns into days or in my case weeks and it goes on and on kind of like this sentence! It is so crazy how the appearance of your house or the inside of your car totally reflects your state of mind, my mind is currently piled high full of stuff, I feel like I have soooo much going on right now and as life keeps moving on a lightening speed I am just barely getting by, I get a brief moment to sort through things before it is time to move on to something else. I think I hit my breaking point today, I was at work and it seemed like each one of my 40 contract instructors were trying to cause me some sort of grief and I felt like I could do nothing right at all and it made me crazy, all I could think about was making sure Gracie was taken care of for the day, trying to figure if I could mentally make it paddling practice tonight and when in the world was I going to find time to take care of the mess in my house. Well, something had to give, it was a hard choice but there was no paddling practice for erin today, I took advantage of my 5:00pm departure time, left work, went to my house hotel and got started sorting the piles in my house and in my head! Let me just tell you, there is nothing better then a clean sort of pile free house, the rest of it is just going to have to wait till this weekend. Here is what things looked like earlier today....
Pile #1
Pile # 2
Pile #3
Pile #4
And it just keeps going on and on, I think there were a total of six piles and there may or may not be a pile in the washing machine that needs to go in the dryer, but I am too tired to go switch it. I think my favorite pile is pile #4, we are talking a suitcase, Christmas gifts, my favorite Kate Spade bag and some returns that need to be made that have been sitting there for at least a month! However pile #3 has some good stuff and pile #2 has money in it, so it is a tough call. I am happy to report that four out of the six piles have been attended too and I will taking care of the rest this weekend and my head already feels a lot clearer and I am not so stressed about how I am going to get it all done.
No comments:
Post a Comment