Today started out with another crazy headache (I think it is allergies), so I ditched paddling practice so I could sleep in a little bit and as soon as I got up I hit the ground running. By 9am I had started a load of laundry, walked Gracie, got my morning crack coffee and had hit Trader Joe's, CVS, the bank and Home Depot. All summer long I had been doing the bare minimum to get by at my house, I would dust occasionally, give the bathroom a quick wipe down when it was looking bad, sweep up the dog hair when I could not stand it any longer and just maintain the house enough that if someone came over it would be somewhat presentable and that the dog walker would not call the SPCA on me. So today I got my act together and did some serious cleaning and maintenance. My little laundry room was turning into my little hoard very quickly with a few Craigslist items that need to be sold, a snow cone machine that belongs to Mr. Pie & the Sheriff, more picnic supplies than I care to admit, dog toys, a Halloween costume, beach towels, reusable grocery bags, etc. It was bad (I should of taken a picture), most of it was stacked on my dryer making doing laundry difficult and a hazard. But now I have a clean laundry room, clean floors, a clean kitchen, a clean bathroom (and light in the bathroom, I have five light bulbs in there and four of them were burnt out, SMH) and all of my laundry washed, folded and put away and now I am exhausted, but it feels so good!
Gracie is tuckered out as well!
My little shoebox is all clean! I know, I totally broke my New Year's resolution a from a few year's ago to never clean on the weekends, but desperate times call for desperate measures and today I was desperate!

No comments:
Post a Comment