The five words everyone dreads to hear.......license, insurance and registration please, I heard yesterday! I was driving to work, minding my own business and out of the corner of my eye I saw him and I knew right then and there I was done. Lights go on and I am now pulling over to the side of the rode, doh! I dig through my purse, wallet and glove box and give him everything he asks for and then he asks me why I have not put that pretty blue sticker (he did not say pretty blue sticker, I added that for dramatics) the Department of Motor Vehicles sent me back in June on my car. I politely explain to him that I do not have the proper tool at home to take my license plate frame off my car (the OCD in me does not like it when the stickers are not put on straight) so I could put the sticker on since the frame covers part of it. He says to me "how come you just did not cut it to fit"? And I said "cause I don't like they way it looks"! And then I said "any chance you give city employee's second chances to put their stickers on?" And he says "where do you work"? I say "at city hall with you"! He says "well that would be considered professional favoritism and it would make it look like I am nice". I say "Well I won't tell anyone you are nice and if anyone asks I will tell them you are a JERK". He hands me back all of my stuff and tells me to have a nice day. There you have it, I officially talked myself out of my very first ticket, booyah! The funny thing is that all the while he is looking at my insurance, license and registration I was coming up with a plan, see this particular deputy was in a very serious motorcycle crash almost a year ago and was hurt pretty bad, so everyone at city hall signed a card and sent him flowers and I was one of them, so my plan was if he was not going to let me go based on my employment status I was going to drop the "hey it is good to see you back at work and I was one of the people who signed your get well card" line and if that did not work I was going to pull the old my boyfriend works with you, you might know Ken......and see where that got me. Thankfully I did not have to use those lines and I guess as a last desperate attempt to get away I could of told him that I have his bosses cell phone number and maybe I should just give him a jingle and the two of them can work it out. Well, my 19 year streak of no flashing lights behind me is over, this was my very first time having any run in with the law so I guess I am pretty lucky. Plus I would of had to hold my head down and do the walk of shame through city hall to have my ticket signed off if it came to that. So lesson learned don't delay put the sticker on today and today I
did, I had one of our public works guys pull out some tools and take care of it for me.
The three things you don't want to have to dig for ever!
License plate on the ground in preparation for the new tag. And, why YES, that is the world's worst driver's license photo, I know, it should be entered into a contest and it would win! After three hours of waiting to get my license renewed I find out I have to take a new picture, doh! I just come from the gym, no shower and no makeup and I was not going to wait three hours another day to have a better picture taken.


Love your story! My heart races anytime I see lights behind me, even though they are rushing past me to someone else :)
ReplyDelete~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
The only good thing my sis got from that bastard of a husband she had was one of those CHP stickers to put on her license. That very sticker got her out of a ticket a few weeks back! Does Mr Sherrif have anything like that for you??
ReplyDelete