Monday, October 7, 2013

31 days - Day 7

I'm at a loss for what to blog about tonight with such an eventful week last week this week seems mighty boring and it is only MONDAY!  So it is dinner that I will be writing about tonight! I like to keep dinner simple, its just me that I cook for mostly so there is really no need to even try, its not like I am trying to impress myself with my multitude of culinary skills (did I use multitude correctly?  Geez, I feel so blond right now, it seemed like a good word at the time).  Tonight's feast was an old favorite, stuffed bell peppers, more like pepper in my case, but who's counting the peppers, I'm not, cause one pepper sounds lonely and who wants to be lonely when they eat, ummm, no one.   They are so simple to make and they don't break the bank when going to the market, so yay for a winner dinner!  All you need is...... 

-1lb of ground beef
-half an onion (diced)
-8oz can of tomato sauce
-1/2 cup of bread crumbs
-salt and pepper
-3 bell peppers or in my case 1

mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, boil the bell pepper(s) for 5 mins, stuff the bell pepper and cook in the oven for 45 mins at 350 covered and then 15 mins uncovered and there you have it an amazing dinner (tip poke holes in the bell pepper to let some of the fat drain out easier).  I served mine with a side of avocado and called it a night.

What you need!  As you can see, I support my local Trader Joe's!

The final product, I like to add a dollop of tomato sauce, it makes it fancy!

Does anyone hear the lame commercial jingle about daisy sour cream when they hear the word dollop?  It would sing something like "do a dollop with daisy" or something like that.  I do every time and it makes my crazy, cause I was probably 9 years old when that commercial aired.

ENJOY!

I forgot to mention, that there is plenty of meat left over, so I the lucky lonely bell pepper gets three to four meals out of the this, for the win!


1 comment: