Today we have another combined post for the 31 day challenge, my weekends are generally jam packed and I would be blogging at 11pm at night and I already have enough grammatical errors during normal waking hours that I really do not need to add to it by posting late at night!
Friday was a day full of shopping because............drumroll please.............I got a second interview with the City of Newport Beach for this Wednesday at 1:40pm and I needed a few things or shall I say a new pair of shoes cause wouldn't you know it, I broke both heals on my current pair last week. I also bought the most amazing top from J.Crew (thanks to all of the gift cards I have held on too, cause it was pricey) and I might of come home with a new Kate Spade purse. After my shopping adventures, I went with the Sheriff and Mr. Pie to Mr. Pie's school Halloween Carnival, it was cute and fun and everyone seemed to have a good time. All Mr. Pie wanted to do was find the bob for donuts on a string game, we found it he loved it and then we hit everything else. Mr. Pie even won me a light up ghost ring that I eventually traded him for the light up Candy Corn ring when we got home.
A little studying that I needed to to before my first interview!
Saturday was AWESOME! We had paddling practice in the morning, there was dense fog, but I had to go to practice, it has been a couple weeks (I have sure loved the free time at home) and the Dam Race is next weekend, so to practice I went. After practice the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I decorated for Halloween (yes, we are kinda late to the party on this one, but we have been buuuussssssyyyyyy), so we got the front of the house all decorated and ready for the trick or treaters. After a quick shower it was off to the Hollywood Bowl for the Zac Brown Band concert, it was AMAZING, we had such a good time. We originally planned to park at the LA Zoo and take a shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl, but after an invite from our paddler friend Buck and his wife Muguet, we decided to park at the hotel they were staying at and enjoy a pre-concert gathering in their room with a bunch of their friends and walk to the concert from there. We had amazing seats, a great dinner and a wonderful time there, I cannot wait to go back!
A little Halloween Decor!
I've got my boots on and I am ready to go!
It's not everyday your boyfriend asks you to hide his gun in your purse! Don't worry, he ended up hiding it under his jacket as we walked into the concert!
Buck, Muguet, Ken and I! We had such a nice time with them!
Today was kind of a chill day, I did not get to bed until about 2am this morning and I had to force myself to get up at 9:45am to meet my friend Kris and her pup Olive for a morning walk. This is where I give Kris the credit she deserves that I did not include on my previous post. See Kris was the one who suggested we try out this paddling thing a year and a half ago, up until then I had no idea what an outrigger canoe was let alone know how to paddle in one. Kris is the reason I joined DOCC and what ultimately led me to meeting the Sheriff. So to say "thank you" to Kris is not nearly enough, I do not have words to express how grateful I am to her for suggesting this new activity which has totally changed my life for the better and I truly believe this is part of the plan for my life. Anyways, Kris and I walked the dogs and tried to catch up on months of our lives that have been so busy that this is the first time I have seen her since May! After our walk is was time for some laundry and a little rest before heading to HB for Super Mom's birthday celebration! Super Dad took us all out to dinner and after we headed back to their house for cake and presents, it was nice and low-key, Caroline was the entertainment for the evening and it was just nice to hangout with everyone!
Sadly, I do not have any good pics of the birthday girl. :(
Now it is back to the grind, another work week starts tomorrow, boo!








No comments:
Post a Comment